1. Tell us a bit about yourself
I'm a Canadian expat living in the UK. I originally moved here to teach and ended up meeting my now husband. We live in Leeds with our two cocker spaniels. I love spending my time outdoors with my family, writing poetry or singing.
2. What was your first job and how did you get it?
My first job was as a gymnastics camp coach and I luckily got as my father ran the camp! I loved working with kids, motivating them and getting active.
3. How did you decide and get to your career today?
I started off my career after university as a Programs Manager for environmental charities. I loved the community work, building relationships and educating people on how to live sustainably. This made me realize I love helping people and decided to go into teaching. Through teaching I discovered my talent for motivating people, helping them believe in themselves and making attainable progress and accomplishments. I wanted to take this skill and passion to the next level, and that's why I've started my personal coaching business - Heart Path.
4. What advice would you have given your younger self? Or what is the best career advice you have ever received?
Always remember you're awesome and you can do anything you put your mind to.
5. In 5 years, where do you hope to be professionally and personally?
In 5 years I hope to have a flourishing coaching and counseling practice that provides individual sessions as well as ongoing workshops on communication skills and assertiveness.
Stay connected with Chaylene!