1. Tell us a bit about yourself
I’m from Georgia, I am an only child. I have a two year old daughter, I am passionate about the work I do and Love to help people reach their full potential. My favorite color is purple and I love Olive Garden. My favorite vacation is when I traveled to Dubai last year for an ultimate shopping spree.
2. What was your first job and how did you get it?
I was a Sandwich Artist at Subway. I kept coming back to the store every week to see if they were hiring. I also was very nice to the Supervisor. I learned many life lessons from that job.
3. How did you decide and get to your career today?
I was a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor for a few years and I saw the need to help assist individuals with differences with finding employment. I have an invisible disability myself so I know the obstacles that they face.
4. What advice would you have given your younger self? Or what is the best career advice you have ever received?
I would tell myself to be more fearless with making life choices. I would tell myself to live a little and not be so serious all the time. The best career advice I received was “there are no feelings in business”.
5. In 5 years, where do you hope to be professionally and personally?
In five years I would like to have a full staff and my business will be running smoothly. I would have consistent donors to help me advocate more in my community. I see myself developed more with my public speaking skills and increasing my network of employers to partner with.
Stay connected with Jada!